Really Big Recall Alert: Summer Infant Recalls 2 Million Baby Bath Seats
Is this your bather?
Posted by Valerie Reiss
This is a huge recall for an infant baby bather—there have been seven reports of injury, including five head injuries. Please check out this pic and see if it looks like your bather (though it comes in different colors, so keep that in mind).
If it does, do the following:
- Immediately stop using it.
- Click this link to make sure by checking the serial number and other details.
- Contact the company, Summer Infant, for a free repair kit with a locking strap: (800) 426-8627 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit: www.summerinfant.com/batherrepairkit. Do not bring the seat back to the store where you bought it; they can't help.
- Once you have that installed, do not carry baby around in this or any other bather. They're not for transport, just for cleaning time.
- In the meantime, please share this via Twitter, Facebook, email—there are clearly a ton of these out there and it's important to tell as many mamas and papas as possible.
For more info, here's the whole recall notice.
[Via: BabyGizmo Blog]
3 back to baby