Introducing: Project Zero
The Goal: Maintain or lose weight over the holidays!
Posted by lindsay wright
You’ve gobbled till you wobbled. Eating every last bit of mashed potatoes and gravy from the fridge. Little slivers of pumpkin pie until it’s all gone. Maybe you even got mad at yourself for eating so much that you sent the leftovers to your husband’s job.
No really. It is.
The holidays are meant for indulging. Our schedules are jam packed with cookie swaps, company parties, and school productions that we rarely make time for anything but food and sitting down to eat that food. By the time January rolls around, most of us are five pounds heavier, stressed, and quite frankly, MAD at ourselves for letting those holiday pounds creep on. The worst part is the crash dieting and unreasonable exercise regimens that occur during January. It is often touted as a “healthy month,” but I think it’s anything but.
This year, I have a different approach for you.
We’re not going to try to lose weight over the holidays. We’re not going on a diet or amping up our workout game. I realize that most of you barely have time to commit to exercise even WITHOUT the time crunch that the holidays present, so to impose a strict diet or exercise regimen during this time of year is RIDICULOUS!
So instead…we’re going to complete “Project Zero” from now until January 1st.
The goal: To maintain or lose weight over the holidays. Emphasis on “maintain,” aka – gain ZERO pounds over the holiday season.
Here’s how it will work:
- Every Monday for the next four weeks, you’ll get a new workout from me! A total body, 30-minute circuit that’s meant to keep your body in fat-burning mode all day. We’ll use minimal equipment, so you can easily do these workouts in the comfort of your own home!
- I’ll provide tips on maximizing your exercise efforts so that no time is wasted!
- If you need it, I’ll be available to answer any questions you might have and also hold you accountable to exercising 3x per week!
- Weigh yourself starting today. You can comment on each Monday’s post with an update on your weight (this is optional!). Again, the goal is to maintain or lose weight over this four-week period.
- Commit to exercising at least three times per week (optimally, five times per week).
- Commit to an 80/20 rule of eating. What does this mean? 80 percent of the time, your food intake will come from lean protein, vegetables, fruits, nuts and complex carbohydrates. The remaining 20 percent can be whatever you want (Christmas cookies and eggnog).
- Commit to drinking at least 64 ounces of WATER daily. That's just under two liters--the size of a large supermarket-sized bottle of soda, only water! You could use something like this 1-liter bottle and fill it twice daily. Or get one like this stainless steel 64-ounce bottle. Doesn't really matter, though--just start drinking!
Project Zero might seem like a lot to take on during the holiday season. I don’t want you to feel overwhelmed. What I DO want is for January to roll around and all of us to be in a place that is manageable. Holiday treats are allowed, but limit yourself to only the ones that are worthwhile. My tip: Ask yourself if you could live without tasting this. If the answer is yes, pass. If it’s no, go ahead and indulge. Just be mindful of fully tasting every bite.
Your assignment this week: Take at least THREE (3) THIRTY MINUTE walks throughout the week.
The more walking, the better. I want you to take this week to grow accustomed to making time for exercise, 30 minutes at a time. That way, when I present you with your first workout next Monday, you’ll have already established a habit. Make sense?
If you plan to join Project Zero, comment below! I can’t wait to see how many of you choose to take time for YOURSELF – Don’t put this off!
For more fitness and health tips, please visit my healthy living blog, Lindsay’s List, and join in on the fun at the LL Facebook page, where I host giveaways and weekly workouts!
3 back to baby